Adult Counselling is available through TLC Counselling. This will enable individuals to be able to put to a plan in place to overcome any previous issues that they may have had. You will go through a set program, uncovering what may have affected you today.
£50 per session or £35 for those on a low income
‘To create a professional, warm and caring experience where you can feel safe to explore what is happening in your life’.
What is adult counselling?
Adult counselling is a talking therapy that helps you to understand your feelings, behaviours, and belief systems that have been instilled in you from childhood. It is important to have a safe, non-judgemental space for you to identify and explore aspects of your life that you would like to change. Individual counselling can support you to understand your core – triggers from your past to elevate the emotional and mental distress you may be experiencing in the present.
At TLC Counselling, I have worked with many individuals to support them to work through their difficulties. Some of the areas you may be struggling with can range from, trauma, depression, anxiety, anger, abuse, relationships, OCD, phobias, intrusive thoughts, self-harming, and various other issues you may be facing.
Commonly, your emotions and feelings may have been lodged in your subconscious for some time and can be impacting you in your daily life. You will not always realise how much this can impact your life. I aim is to support you to work through your challenging and influential memories to allow long-lasting change in your life moving forward.
‘Individual therapy is like being given a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle of your life with no picture on it. Counselling can support you to start putting all the pieces together bit by bit to help you find yourself and begin to live your best life’
Where do my difficulties come from?
The majority of the time, your difficulties may come from childhood experiences, and social influences you have been surrounded by growing up. It does not mean you have had to have a difficult childhood, however, you are ‘conditioned‘ by your upbringing. The way you have experienced your childhood will determine, and influence your life experiences like their parent(s) before for them.
If your childhood experiences have involved any forms of abuse, or neglect, this can have a detrimental impact on your relationships and how you view the world around you. It can affect how you form personal attachments with people, or not as the case may be, and this may be the support you need from therapy to allow you to work through these barriers.
How can adult counselling help, and what are the benefits?
Sometimes It may be difficult for you to talk to people that are close to you for any number of reasons, leaving you feeling alone, and isolated, this is when counselling can help you.
I aim to be there for you to give you space and time you need to explore your own unique story in a non-judgemental environment. I will not tell you what to do however, I will help guide you and give you the time you need to work through any issues. I will support you to build a healthier and loving relationship with yourself, where you can strengthen the way you think and value yourself.
Benefits of having individual counselling
- I will support you to feel safe to open up and explore your own unique story.
- We will work out how your core triggers have manifested over the years, and the impact this is having on your life.
- I will help you to understand your thoughts, and feelings around your personal experiences to improve your self-defeating thoughts about yourself.
- We will look at reoccurring patterns of thinking, and behaviours that you may have, then we can start to break these down bit by bit together.
- I will work with you to improve your understanding of what you want to change, using key models, interventions, and techniques.
- I will set tasks between sessions to support your emotional journey.
What is the process for having adult counselling?
- We will meet for an initial consultation/assessment, and this allow you the opportunity to meet with me, to ensure you feel I am the right person for you.
- I will advise you of the confidentiality, data protection, and give you a counselling agreement to sign if you decide to go ahead with individual therapy.
- I will gather some personal information from you, and we will identify the difficulties you are facing. We will explore what your desired goals are from the individual counselling sessions.
- Sessions last 50 minutes per session, sessions are mainly weekly, to begin with, they can move to fortnightly once you feel you need less support.
How do I make an appointment for individual counselling?
Once you have made contact with me, I will respond to you within 24 hours, and I will ensure that you both can access an initial appointment with me within two weeks of contact.
What If I have any more questions or queries about individual counselling?
If you would like any further information, or you are unsure about how I could support you, please feel free to give me a call. If you would prefer to e-mail me with any questions or queries that you may have please do not hesitate, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.